My mother is an artist who loves to create, not only when she sits in front of a canvas, but also in her everyday life. It’s often that she will open her refrigerator and come up with an amazing recipe just by combining the right ingredients that happened to be within her sight. This chicken with feta cheese is the perfect example of deliciousness and simplicity plus you will not find it elsewhere as it’s one of her own creations. Serve it with a fresh salad, penne pasta or rice or simply green vegetables and you’ll have the perfect weeknight dinner in under 20 minutes!
Ingredients for two people
- 1 pound boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-2 inch bites
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese (about 4 oz or 110 g), crumbled with a fork in larger and smaller chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2-3 tablespoons dill, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat.
- Add the green onions and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chicken, season with pepper and a little salt.
- Stir often until the chicken is cooked and golden brown, about 7-10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to medium, Add the feta cheese and the dill.
- Stir. The smaller pieces of feta will melt and will lightly cover the chicken bites, while the bigger cheese chunks will remain in crumbled pieces.
- Serve immediately.