Now that Greek yogurt is found in almost every grocery store in the United States, and seems to be all the talk, it’s time I share another of my mom’s delicious recipes! Skinless and boneless chicken thighs, kept moist and delicious thanks to a thick layer of tangy Greek Yogurt covered with golden bread crumbs. I often like to add to this recipe a Greek Chicken Seasoning but since it’s not widely available, I recently substituted it with a homemade version, that you can find here.
This chicken is best when served right out of the oven along with a refreshing side dish; a cold salad would be the best option. You can definitely substitute the thighs with skinless and boneless chicken breasts, but be sure that you don’t overcook them.
To keep the crunchy crust the next day, reheat in a 350 degrees F pre-heated oven and avoid microwaving.
- 2.5 lb (about 1.2 kg) skinless and boneless chicken thighs
- 2 cups strained Greek Yogurt (2% fat works well)
- 2 cups plain bread crumbs
- About 1/2 cup Greek Chicken Seasoning, recipe found here (optional)
- Salt & pepper
- Olive Oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Coat a large baking dish with olive oil.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper or preferably with my homemade Chicken Seasoning.
- Coat one piece of chicken at a time with bread crumbs, then dip only its top part into the yogurt and coat with bread crumbs again (the yogurt and bread crumbs will create lumps on your hands – it’s best to wear disposable gloves).
- Position each thigh in the baking sheet in a single layer, yogurt-dipped-side on top and spaced out to allow for the crust to form around each piece.
- Drizzle some olive oil and bake for about 45 minutes or until chicken is done and a golden brown crust is formed on the top. Serve immediately.
This is definitely the one recipe that you’ll need when you’re ready to try something new!